Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I have a confession to make...

And I don't want you to feel like it's your fault, or that I love you any less, but I feel like I should tell you, just so that you don't keep asking why...
I've been cheating on you with my journal.
--
--
--
I'm sorry! I know, I know, I promised regular updates, and I fell behind this month. I swear, this won't keep happening! Please believe me!

It all started when I went out West a few weeks ago. I just didn't have the time to log on and write here. So I picked up my trusty journal that I have neglected for the last 6-10 months and started writing. And kept writing. (When was the last time you wrote with paper and pen? It's so much more satisfying than typing sometimes!)
Once I came home I thought, OK, time to blog. But my apartment is so hot. So I started staying at friends' houses, and came home for a few days, and, well, the journal came too.
On the bright side, it's not like I've been writing about 101 Things updates, I've just been writing my own thoughts and ideas and musings that I try to keep off of here for the most part. I want this blog to be of interest to a wide group of people, and at the same time, don't really want to share some of my own personal thoughts with the world at large.
I did start writing up a few explanations of my 101 Things like I said I would in my last post, but only did about 7 or 8. I will start typing those up this Summer & Fall - my goal is the end of October to have that finished. I have high hopes for wanting to sit and type for long periods of time once I am in my nice and cool basement apartment!
Sadly, my laptop has been giving me a hard time since I got home from Calgary. I don't think this heat wave has been its friend - it's been overheating even more than usual. Less than 2 weeks til the new place though!

I have been managing to keep up with most of my regular Things despite the lack of blogging the past 2 weeks. I've spent the majority of my time sitting on patios - in Canmore I sat on two lovely patios in one afternoon, with picturesque views of the mountains and 2 different and yummy drinks :)
My uncle gave my cousin & I free tickets to see Dierks Bentley at Stampede Bar Tent when I was in Calgary. I'm not the biggest country music fan, but it was a great show, he had some beautiful songs, and there was the obligatory Bon Jovi cover song thrown in, which I always love! (Duh...) And I took about a million photos of my adorable and exhausting little cousins :)

I even completed one of my Things while I was out there - Thing 39 - Have some sort of psychic reading done (palm reading)

Originally I wanted a Tarot card reading, but when I was at Stampede they were charging quite a lot for only a 5 card reading, and that wasn't quite what I was looking for. The palm reading was rather inexpensive for my measly summer budget (aka NO budget), and I was pleasantly surprised with some of the things she said. A few things were pretty lame, and some were just ridiculous, but hey - I enjoyed it :) I made a few notes after it and will share further with you in an upcoming blog post.
Sadly, I must run now - I'm taking my Grandmother to Giant Tiger for a fun and exciting morning! (I'm actually really excited I haven't been to Giant Tiger in ages!)

Stay cool peeps!

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. It's okay, I forgive you. It's not like we talked about being exclusive.

    PS Giant Tiger is flippin' awesome.

    ReplyDelete