Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day Five Update aka, Should Thing #87 be to think up some interesting blog titles?



I could really use a sunny day right about now...couldn't you?
Thankfully the awful weather has kept me inside, working away at organizing my apartment. Another day or two at this and I will be halfway done Thing 54 - Create a list & actually cross everything off of it when it gets done, the other half of the list is mostly things I need to do either when I go home for a visit, or to plan for when school starts back up in May. I promised myself that I would finish with my apartment before I tackled lesson planning, as I feel the elimination of that stress will help make lesson planning easier. I've also gotten to a good start on Thing 9 - Get rid of 101 things, so far I have 17 things in my box to get rid off - not bad so far!!
The other thing that is on its way to getting done is Thing 74 - Finish unpacking & organizing all of my personal papers, I've already gone through 1 pile of papers, just 3 more piles, 2 more plastic bins & 1 filing cabinet to go! (Yikes!)
Now, for Thing 69 - Complete the A-Z Challenge, I should elaborate a little. There are A-Z challenges for reading, for watching movies, etc. I saw one that had to do with going to new places, and I think that my challenge will be along those lines. Basically, I want to acknowledge all of the new things that I will experience in life - new places, new events, new activities. My guidelines for this will be relatively loose, and could coincide with other events on my list. I decided on the format on Monday night, when my co-worker Paula invited me to her house for a Passover Seder. This was a new experience for me, and being apart of the event was really an honour for me. I find religion fascinating, and I was interested to see similarities in the readings we did from the Haggadah that reminded me of readings from my own Catholic background. Considering we share most of the Old Testament, I don't think I should have been surprised, but experiencing something in a new light can make you realize the most obvious of answers. In short, for my A-Z Challenge, I have completed P - go to a Passover Seder.

Back to sorting and organizing my papers now!

P.S. Debating making #86 on my list - Avoid the common cold - any tricks of the trade that you'd like to pass along, just let me know, because I am TIRED of being SICK!!!

1 comment:

  1. I just re-read your list. I love that buying a pair of Tom shoes is on your list. It's also on my list...my SHOPPING list that is!! Hahahaha...not much of an accomplishment...too funny.

    ReplyDelete