Monday, April 25, 2011

On Holidays... :D

I must say, I definitely made the right decision working hard last week, so I could take it easy this week! It actually feels like I am on holidays right now, which is a pretty great feeling :)
Today I added something new to my list: Thing 87 - Read 20 of the classic novels on my Kobo. I was inspired to get started on this after reading the novel My Jane Austen Summer. It definitely wasn't a novel on par with the classics, but it was a fun read that I think I would have enjoyed even more if I had read Mansfield Park prior to reading it. 
This started as an idea to read all of Jane Austen's novels, but when I realized that there are only 6, that seemed a bit weak. Then, as I was perusing through my pre-loaded Kobo novels, I saw that there were many books that I have wanted to read at some time or another - The Three Musketeers, The Count of Monte Cristo, The Castle of Otranto, and, of course, Dracula - which I STILL haven't read. Up first, though, is Northanger Abbey. This is the only one of Jane Austen's books that I think I have read before. I say think, because it I'm pretty sure it was required reading for one of my many English courses, but I can't remember if I read it or not - I should figure it out soon though, as I'm about 10 pages in so far. This will, of course, help with Thing 58 - Complete my 50 Book Pledge. I've decided if I reach 50 books before June 30, then I will make the change to a 100 Book Pledge official. If you are interested in this Thing, I will be uploading the file to a new page link at the top of the blog. 
I also got an official start off to Thing 52 - Take photos of time spent with friends or family at least once a month, by taking some photos of Easter Brunch with my Grandma. Here's a lovely pic I took of her:



I must learn to be stealthier with the camera, as my brother managed to evade almost every shot I tried to take of him! I was conned into taking lots of pictures and videos of the cats, which I will spare you of here. I took several doozy pictures of my Mom - she manages to open her mouth or move in EVERY photo I take of her! - but I did get ONE nice shot of my Mom & bro on a walk we took after brunch:


Maybe I should make one of my Things be to take a photography class - I'm pretty challenged in this area!!

A few other updates:
Last week 3 of my favourite people (the Little clan) came over, and Lyn was reading my list and suggested that Thing 13 - Go on a Spa getaway with friends could easily be done to celebrate all of our 30th birthdays next year - what a great idea! (I knew I was friends with her for a reason ;) ). So that's something to look forward to! 
I've also followed through on Thing 77 - Pay off my credit card every month. Clearly, I shouldn't even use the card, but we live in a world where certain things can only be paid with credit card. This month it was my OCT fees - paid it off this AM, and all is right again - phew....
I'm getting closer to finishing Thing 54 - Create a list & actually cross everything off of it when it gets done. I've decided one thing on it won't be done, and that is cleaning the outside of my car (thank you Mother Nature!), but I've added several things as I've gone through the list, and it *should* be done by Saturday, right on target! :)

That's all for now, stay dry folks!








        

1 comment:

  1. When I use my credit card, I make sure I have enough in my account so I can pay it off *right* away! Been a good way to ensure I don't add more debt to it and continue paying it down (so don't let that count towards your monthly payment).

    Keep it up and good luck with your challenges :D

    ReplyDelete