Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day One

Here I am at Day One, and raring to go!
Well, not quite actually, as I'm still missing about 17 things from my list, and haven't actually done anything yet to start my quest, but writing this blog is sure to help! (Right?)
I've decided not to stress over the last 17 things - the alternative is to pick a bunch of things that don't matter, and inevitably end up changing them. I'd prefer to pick as close to right the first time around. I think my goal with this list is to actually do things for myself, that matter to me. Picking the majority of my list off of pre-existing lists just doesn't sit well with me.
In the way that we like to let a good bottle of wine breathe, so too will I let the remainder of my list breathe. Profound, eh?
I've decided that the first undertaking from my list will be #54 - Create a list & actually cross everything off of it when it gets done. This should help also with #74 - Finish unpacking & organizing all of my personal papers, and #9 - Get rid of 101 things. This are large tasks to undertake from the get-go, but I've been feeling like my apartment is slowly swallowing me up, and my mental health is seriously depending on getting these things done. The fact that I have 2 weeks of holidays and the forecast is mostly calling for rain the next few days, should help greatly with getting a good start on things. I'm also hoping to get a start on #57 - Watch the entire series of Angel & Firefly to complete my Joss Whedon fan experience, #70 - Donate 1,000,000 million grains of rice & #83 - Register my list on the Day Zero website.
I will try to post here as close to daily as I can, I haven't had a good record with regular blogging in the past, but hopefully I start to make some progress that I'd like to share with everyone.

Hopefully it doesn't surprise anyone when I say that #67 - Go for a whole week without leaving any dirty dishes in the sink stresses me out the most from my list. I can't believe I actually put it on my list. What was I thinking?!

No comments:

Post a Comment